This BRS Physiology (Board Review Series) 7th Edition, pdf, ebook, and free download by Linda S. Costanzo Ph.D. (Author) is written in English and has 304 pages. Published by the LWW company on April 21, 2018. Several bookstores have already sold a lot to buyers, especially from students.
Before deciding to buy this 7th edition of the book, many of them read the reviews first. After that, they will look for the nearest bookstore. There are also those who buy online.
In addition to reading reviews, some have asked friends who have bought this book. What is the content of the book?
Well, before you buy, you should first read the following synopsis first.
In this 7e there are several new things compared to the previous edition. Here is a description of the book we quoted from the Amazon page.
The leading physiology book on the market, this bestselling title in the Board Review Series offers a concise, highly efficient review of all essential physiology concepts covered in the first and second year of medical school, as well as more than 350 clinical vignette-style multiple-choice questions to help students prepare for course exams and practice for the USMLE Step 1. Abundant illustrations, flow charts, and tables facilitate study. An interactive question bank on thePoint uses the same chapter and comprehensive exam questions from the book to provide interactive exam practice online.
Students will appreciate the book’s comprehensive, yet efficient assistance in preparing for course exams as well as the USMLE Step 1.
Instructors will welcome the masterful educational approach of Linda S. Costanzo, PhD, who excels in communicating complex physiology concepts in an accessible manner. A comprehensive image bank on thePoint makes preparing lecture slides a snap.
- A concise outline format and bolded key terms enable efficient review and exam preparation.
- Discussions of clinical disorders , integrated throughout the text, correlate physiology concepts to the practice of medicine.
- Chapter overviews and summaries offer a quick introduction and review of key topics and information, to maximize study time.
- More than 350 multiple-choice questions and answers , many of them new and revised, help students prepare for course and board exams. These include many new multi-part questions that challenge students’ decision-making skills.
- Detailed answers and explanations for every question, cross-referenced back to the text, allow students to remediate weak areas of knowledge.
- New appendices allow for an efficient review of Key Physiology Topics for USMLE Step I, Key Physiology Equations for USMLE Step I, and Normal Blood Values.
- 130 outstanding full-color figures and flow diagrams and 50 tables, many of them new, allow for efficient assimilation of complex information, and are included in the instructor Image Bank on ThePoint.
- Significant updates throughout present the latest physiology knowledge, including expanded coverage of cellular, respiratory, renal, gastrointestinal, and endocrine physiology.
It’s good, after reading the reviews, you also know what the table of contents is. And here is the table of contents that we get.
Table of Contents
- Preface vi
- Acknowledgments vii
- 1 Cell Physiology 1
- I Cell Membranes 1
- II Transport Across Cell Membranes 2
- III Osmosis 5
- IV Diffusion Potential, Resting Membrane Potential, and Action Potential 7
- V Neuromuscular and Synaptic Transmission 12
- VI Skeletal Muscle 16
- VII Smooth Muscle 21
- VIII Comparison of Skeletal Muscle, Smooth Muscle, and Cardiac Muscle 22
- Review Test 24
- 2 Neurophysiology 33
- I Autonomic Nervous System (ANS) 33
- II Organization of the Nervous System 38
- III Sensory Systems 38
- IV Motor Systems 49
- V Higher Functions of the Cerebral Cortex 56
- VI Blood-Brain Barrier and Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) 57
- VII Temperature Regulation 57
- Review Test 59
- 3 Cardiovascular Physiology 67
- I Circuitry of the Cardiovascular System 67
- II Hemodynamics 67
- III Cardiac Electrophysiology 72
- IV Cardiac Muscle and Cardiac Output 77
- V Cardiac Cycle 86
- VI Regulation of Arterial Pressure 88
- VII Microcirculation and Lymph 92
- VIII Special Circulations 95
- IX Integrative Functions of the Cardiovascular System: Gravity, Exercise, and Hemorrhage 98
- Review Test 103
- 4 Respiratory Physiology 116
- I Lung Volumes and Capacities 116
- II Mechanics of Breathing 118
- III Gas Exchange 125
- IV Oxygen Transport 127
- V CO2 Transport 132
- VI Pulmonary Circulation 133
- VII V/Q Defects 134
- VIII Control of Breathing 136
- IX Integrated Responses of the Respiratory System 138
- Review Test 140
- 5 Renal and Acid-Base Physiology 148
- I Body Fluids 148
- II Renal Clearance, Renal Blood Flow (RBF), and Glomerular Filtration Rate (GER) 152
- III Reabsorption and Secretion 156
- IV NaCl Regulation 159
- V K+ Regulation 164
- VI Renal Regulation of Urea, Phosphate, Calcium, and Magnesium 167
- VII Concentration and Dilution of Urine 168
- VIII Renal Hormones 173
- IX Acid-Base Balance 173
- X Diuretics 182
- XI Integrative Examples 182
- Review Test 185
- 6 Gastrointestinal Physiology 195
- I Structure and Innervation of the Gastrointestinal Tract 195
- II Regulatory Substances in the Gastrointestinal Tract 196
- III Gastrointestinal Motility 200
- IV Gastrointestinal Secretion 205
- V Digestion and Absorption 215
- VI Liver Physiology 220
- Review Test 222
- 7 Endocrine Physiology 228
- I Overview of Hormones 228
- II Cell Mechanisms and Second Messengers 230
- III Pituitary Gland (Hypophysis) 234
- IV Thyroid Gland 239
- V Adrenal Cortex and Adrenal Medulla 242
- VI Endocrine Pancreas-Glucagon and Insulin 249
- VII Calcium Metabolism (Parathyroid Hormone, Vitamin D, Calcitonin) 252
- VIII Sexual Differentiation 256
- IX Male Reproduction 257
- X Female Reproduction 259
- Review Test 264
- Comprehensive Examination 273
- Appendix A Key Physiology Topics for Usmle Step 1 295
- Appendix B Key Physiology Equations for Usmle Step 1 297
- Appendix C Normal Blood Values 298
- Index 299
Many digital formats can be obtained by means of free downloads, one of which is the PDF format. There are internet users who share the PDF format and you can read using the Adobe Reader application.
The contents of the BRS Physiology (Board Review Series) 7th Edition in PDF format are incomplete, some pages are cut off. So that the reader does not get perfect information. If this is the case, then you can choose the option to buy in a bookstore.
In addition to the PDF format, of course, several formats are also an option, namely EPUB and Kindle which can be downloaded for free if you have an access link.
Shop Advice Buy This Book
In the current era, there are many bookstores that serve online shopping. The following are some of our recommended bookstores.
1. Amazon Store
is an American multinational technology venture based in Seattle, Washington, focused on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and production intelligence. At first, the Amazon company only peddled books until now. You can buy any book on Amazon, including the books currently under review.
2. eBay Store
One of them is an online auction website that allows people from all over the world to sell and buy various products and services. Of all the goods and services that are traded, finished books are one of the products.
3. Walmart Store
as an American company that runs a chain of department stores. According to data from the 2008 Fortune Global 500, Wal-Mart is the world’s largest publicly traded company by revenue. You can get the books you need from this company.
We thank you for coming to this blog. Hopefully this BRS Physiology (Board Review Series) 7th Edition review will be useful and don’t forget to share your comments with us. Write in the comments column below.