This Pharmacology in Rehabilitation (Contemporary Perspectives in Rehabilitation) 5th Edition, pdf, ebook, and free download by Charles D. Ciccone PT Ph.D. FAPTA was published by Davis Company on April 10, 2015, in English. The number of pages of this book is 736 sheets and is available in both print and digital form. Many students have bought this book in bookstores.
Those who want to buy this book in advance should read the reviews. Many people have shared their experiences and knowledge when they have read the book. Some recommend buying and some don’t.
If this book has become a mandatory book at school or college, then students are required to have it. Some of them buy, borrow from the library, and even rent.
Here is the synopsis we got you to read.
Understand the benefits and adverse effects of medications commonly taken by patients receiving physical rehabilitation.
Know the latest changes in traditional treatment paradigms for specific diseases.
Discover how and why various medications are being used in new ways.
After reading the synopsis, then you can see the table of contents of this book to find out what points the author discussed.
Table of Content
Unit 1. General Principles of Pharmacology
- Basic Principles of Pharmacology
- Pharmacokinetics I: Drug Administration, Absorption, and Distribution
- Pharmacokinetics II: Drug Elimination
- Drug Receptors
Unit 2. Pharmacology of the Central Nervous System
- General Principles: Central Nervous System Pharmacology
- Sedative-Hypnotic and Antianxiety Agents
- Drugs Used to Treat Affective Disorders: Depression and Bipolar Syndrome
- Antipsychotic Drugs
- Antiepileptic Drugs
- Pharmacologic Management of Parkinson Disease
- General Anesthetics
- Local Anesthetics
Unit 3. Drugs Affecting Skeletal Muscle
- Skeletal Muscle Relaxants
Unit 4. Drugs Used to Treat Pain and Inflammation
- Opioid Analgesics
- Nonsteroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs
- Pharmacologic Management of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis
- Patient-Controlled Analgesia
Unit 5. Autonomic and Cardiovascular Pharmacology
- Introduction to Autonomic Pharmacology
- Cholinergic Drugs
- Adrenergic Drugs
- Antihypertensive Drugs
- Treatment of Angina Pectoris
- Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
- Treatment of Congestive Heart Failure
- Treatment of Coagulation Disorders and Hyperlipidemia
Unit 5. Respiratory and Gastrointestinal Pharmacology
- Respiratory Drugs
- Gastrointestinal Drugs
Unit 6. Endocrine Pharmacology
- Introduction to Endocrine Pharmacology
- Male and Female Hormones
- Thyroid and Parathyroid Drugs: Agents Affecting Bone Mineralization
- Pancreatic Hormones and the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus
Unit 7. Chemotherapy of Infectious and Neoplastic Diseases
- Treatment of Infections I: Antibacterial Drugs
- Treatment of Infections II: Antiviral Drugs
- Treatment of Infections III: Antifungal and Antiparasitic Drugs
- Cancer Chemotherapy
- Immunomodulating Agents
- Complimentary and Alternative Medications
Appendices: Drugs Administered by Iontophoresis and Phonophoresis/Use of the Physician’s Desk Reference/Drugs of Abuse
Download PDF Free Download
Is there a PDF version of this book available? To answer it, you can search for information on the internet by typing keywords in a search engine. Usually, there are internet users who share information voluntarily.
If you find a book link in PDF form, then you can directly download it for free via a laptop that is connected to an internet service.
In addition to the PDF edition, you can also get it in other versions. Call it the popular ones are Amazon’s Kindle and EPUB. Both are options if the PDF is not found.
Where to Buy This Book
Not all free books are available on the internet. The reason is that not all are given permission by the publisher to be distributed to the public.
The most preferred way is to buy it. Here is a list of bookstores that we recommend for you.
1. Amazon Store
an American multinational technology company based in Seattle, Washington, that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and production intelligence. At first the Amazon company just peddled books until now. You can buy any book on Amazon, including the books currently under review.
2. eBay Store
An online auction site that allows people from all over the world to sell and buy various products and services. Of all the goods and services that are traded, books are one of the products.
3. Walmart Store
United States company that runs a chain of department stores. According to the 2008 Fortune Global 500, Wal-Mart is the world’s largest publicly traded company by revenue. You can get the books you need in this company.
We thank you for reading this Pharmacology in Rehabilitation 5th Edition review. Leave us a comment so we can be even more perfect in writing book reviews. You can write comments in the field below.