Chiropractic Technique Principles and Procedures 3rd Edition, pdf, ebook and download by Thomas F. Bergmann and David H. Peterson gives whole guide to chiropractic adjustive techniques. This book makes it easy to understand important procedures and offers a rationale for his or her use. Written and backed by the most recent analysis research, this bestseller describes the basic ideas wanted to evaluate, choose, and apply specific adjustive procedures.
This third edition makes it easy to understand essential procedures and provides a rationale for their use. Written by Thomas F. Bergmann, DC, FICC, and David H. Peterson, DC, and backed by the latest research studies, this bestseller describes the basic principles needed to evaluate, select, and apply specific adjustive procedures. With a review of chiropractic history, detailed descriptions of joint examination and adjustive techniques for the spine, pelvis, and extremities, and a companion Evolve website with how-to videos, this book is a must-have reference for students and clinicians.
Key Features Chiropractic Technique, 3rd Ed:
– Offers over 700 photos and line drawings depicting the correct way to set up and perform adjustive procedures, clarifying concepts, and showing important spinal and muscle anatomy.
– Includes up-to-date research studies and methods for validating manual therapy.
– Discusses mechanical principles so you can determine not only which adjustive procedure to use and when, but also why you should choose one approach over another.
– Organizes content thematically with a discussion of practical anatomy, kinematics, evaluation, and technique for each joint.
– Covers anatomy and biomechanics in detail, along with adjustive techniques for the spine, extraspinal techniques, and additional techniques for special populations, helping you fully prepare for board examinations.
– Covers the manipulable lesion as a basis for treating disorders with manual therapy, including chiropractic techniques.
– Includes content on low-force techniques to help you treat elderly patients and patients who are in acute pain.
– Includes useful appendices with clinical information as well as interesting historical information, including a feature on practitioners who developed specific techniques.
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: General Overview of the Chiropractic Profession
Chapter 2: Joint Anatomy and Basic Biomechanics
Fundamental Concepts, Principles, and Terms
Mechanical Forces Acting on Connective Tissue
Properties of Connective Tissue
Models of Spine Function
Chapter 3: Joint Assessment Principles and Procedures
The Manipulable Lesion
Vertebral Subluxation Complex
Joint Subluxation/Dysfunction Syndrome
Clinical Evaluation of Joint Subluxation/Dysfunction Syndrome
Chapter 4: Principles of Adjustive Technique
Classification and Definition of Manual Therapies
Joint Manipulative Procedures
Soft Tissue Manipulative Procedures
Indications for Adjustive Therapy
Mechanical Spine Pain
Joint Subluxation/Dysfunction Syndromes
Contraindications to and Complications of Adjustive Therapy
Effects of Adjustive Therapy
Application of Adjustive Therapy
Chapter 5: The Spine: Anatomy, Biomechanics, Assessment and Adjustive Techniques
Structure and Function of the Spine
Evaluation of Spinal Joint Function
Adjustments of the Cervical Spine
Adjustments of the Thoracic Spine and Rib Cage
Adjustments of the Lumbar Spine
Adjustments of the Pelvis
Chapter 6: Extraspinal Techniques
Role of the Peripheral Joints
Wrist and Hand
Ankle and Foot
Chapter 7: Nonthrust Procedures: Mobilization, Traction, and Soft Tissue Techniques
Soft Tissue Manipulation
Publisher : Mosby; 3rd edition (June 11, 2010)
Language : English
Hardcover : 496 pages
ISBN-10 : 0323049699
ISBN-13 : 978-0323049696
Item Weight : 2.85 pounds
Dimensions : 8.7 x 0.9 x 11.1 inches
Where to Buy Books
Hello, we are glad you have come to our blog to read this Chiropractic Technique Principles and Procedures 3rd Edition review. You are the umpteenth person to come. Of the many that came, not all readers decided to have a book by buying it.
Do you want to buy this book? If yes, please come to the nearest bookstore from your home. Or you can also shop using the online application.
Choose a book that suits your needs, can be printed or digital books. Both provide information. It’s just that for the print edition there are pdf and e-books that are downloaded for free if you already have a link.
Well, usually after paying the bookseller, they will give a download link to the buyer. remember! Don’t let the link be known by others.
Please share your criticisms and suggestions to us to make this blog better in the future.