This book is the perfect resource for students studying Electrical Wiring Residential (MindTap Course List) 20th Edition, pdf, ebook, EPUB, and free download by Ray C. Mullin and Phil Simmons (Author) provides a comprehensive and practical overview of the topic, with an emphasis on real-world applications. The book is packed with helpful illustrations, photos, and diagrams, making it easy to follow along and understand the concepts.
This book provides comprehensive coverage of residential electrical wiring, including current standards, code requirements, and best practices. It is an essential resource for anyone who needs to install or repair electrical wiring in their home. The 20th edition has been updated to reflect the latest code requirements and includes new information on solar power, LED lighting, and home automation systems. With clear, step-by-step instructions and illustrations, this book makes it easy to learn everything you need to know about residential electrical wiring.
This trusted, the best-selling text provides detailed, step-by-step instructions for every aspect of residential wiring. Packed with high-quality illustrations, photos, and charts, the book covers the most recent National Electrical Code (NEC) requirements, as well as the latest approaches to wiring and circuit protection, grounding, and installation. The 20th edition has been updated to reflect the 2017 NEC, and includes new information on solar power and other alternative energy sources, as well as expanded.
If you’re studying to be an electrician, then you need the most up-to-date and comprehensive textbook on residential wiring. Electrical Wiring Residential, 20th Edition is that book. This new edition has been updated to the 2017 National Electrical Code, and provides students with the most current information on residential wiring methods and materials. The book also features an easy-to-use format that makes learning complex electrical concepts easier than ever.
We’ve also found reviews of the book on amazon’s page. Here’s an excerpt:
Master the latest industry standards and procedures with longtime market leader ELECTRICAL WIRING RESIDENTIAL, Twentieth Edition. In addition to comprehensive, authoritative coverage of the 2020 National Electrical Code (NEC), this trusted text will give you a thorough grounding in essential electrical theory and applications. Drawing on decades of industry and classroom experience, the authors guide you step-by-step through the critical tasks and responsibilities you can expect as a professional electrician in both new construction and existing homes. Extremely reader-friendly, the text offers detailed explanations without being overly technical, and the content clearly relates the NEC to real-world installation processes used by today s professionals. Vivid Illustrations coordinate with the latest NEC regulations to provide further clarity, and foldout plans at the back of the text provide hands-on practice applying code requirements to prepare you for career success.
The authors of this book are two people, the first is Ray C. Mullin and the second is Phil Simmons. Both scientists are academics who have insight into science. Naturally, his work became a reference in college.
We found a glimpse of the author’s profile from the Amazon page and here is the information:
Ray C. Mullin is a former electrical instructor for the Wisconsin Schools of Vocational, Technical and Adult Education. Prior to his retirement, he served as district manager, regional manager, regional vice president and ultimately director technical liaison for a major electrical manufacturer.
Phil Simmons is the founder of Simmons Electrical Services, where he consults on the National Electrical Code (NEC) and other codes. He also writes, edits, illustrates and produces technical publications, and he previously provided plan review of electrical construction documents and inspection of complex electrical installations.
Table of Content
This book has a very long table of contents. We’re not delivering it all here. Just a part of it.
- Chapter 1: General Information for Electrical Installations
- Safety in the Workplace
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Arc Flash
- Safety Cannot Be Compromised
- Licensing and Permits
- National Electrical Code® (NEC®)
- Language Conventions
- Building Codes
- Metrics (SI) and the NEC
- Listed Equipment and Nationally Recognized Testing Laboratories (NRTL)
- Safety-Related Problems
- Chapter 2: Specifications, Electrical Symbols, and Outlets
- Plans and Specifications
- Electrical Symbols
- Luminaires and Outlets
- Outlet, Device, and Junction Boxes
- Number of Conductors in Box
- Selecting the Correct Size Box
- Box Mounting
- Nonmetallic Outlet and Device Boxes
- Ganged Switch (Device) Boxes
- Boxes for Conduit Wiring
- Special-Purpose Outlets
- Height of Receptacle Outlets
- Positioning of Receptacles
- Part 1—Electrical Features
- Part 2—Structural Features
- Chapter 3: Determining the Required Number of Branch Circuits, Lighting Outlets, and Receptacle Outl
- Calculating Loads
- Calculating Floor Area
- Determining the Minimum Number of Lighting Branch Circuits
- Track Lighting Loads
- Summary of Where Receptacle and Lighting Outlets Must Be Installed in Residences
- Chapter 4: Conductor Sizes and Types, Wiring Methods, Wire Connections, Voltage Drop, and Neutral Co
- Permissible Loads on Branch Circuits (210.23
- Aluminum Conductors
- Conductor Insulation
- Wet, Damp, Dry, and Sunlight Locations
- Voltage Drop
- Nonmetallic-Sheathed Cable (NEC Article 334
- Armored Cable (Type AC) and Metal-Clad Cable (Type MC)
- Installing Cables Through Wood and Metal Framing Members (300.4)
- Cables in Shallow Grooves and Chases
- Installation of Cables Through Ducts
- Connectors for Installing Nonmetallic-Sheathed and Armored Cable
- Intermediate Metal Conduit (Article 342), Rigid Metal Conduit (Article 344), Rigid PVC Conduit (Arti
- Flexible Connections
- Electrical Nonmetallic Tubing (ENT) (Article 362)
- Service-Entrance Cable (Article 338)
- Chapter 5: Conductor Identification, Switch Control of Lighting Circuits, Bonding/Grounding of Wirin
- Conductor Identification [NEC ® Articles 200 and 210)
- Connecting Wiring Devices
- Push-In Terminations
- Toggle Switches (Article 404
- Combination Wiring Devices
- Chapter 6: Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters, Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters, Surge Protective Devic
- Electrical Shock Hazards
- NEC Requirements for Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupters (210.8)
- Feed-Through Ground-Fault Circuit Interrupter
- Testing and Recording of Test Data for GFCI Receptacles
- Arc-Fault Circuit Interrupters (AFCIs)
- Other Special-Purpose Receptacles
- Replacing Existing Receptacles
- Personnel Ground-Fault Protection for All Temporary Wiring
- Immersion Detection Circuit Interrupters (IDCIs) and Appliance Leakage Current Interrupters (ALCIs)
- Surge Protective Devices (SPDs
- Chapter 7: Luminaires, Ballasts, and Lamps
- What Is a Luminaire?
- Types of Luminaires
- Fluorescent Ballasts and Lamps, Incandescent Lamps, and LEDs
- Lamp Efficacy
- Lamp Color Temperature
- Chapter 8: Lighting Branch Circuit for the Front Bedroom
- Residential Lighting
- Laying Out General-Purpose Lighting and Receptacle Circuits
- Estimating Loads for Outlets
- Drawing a Cable Layout and Wiring Diagram
- Drawing the Wiring Diagram of a Lighting Circuit
- Lighting Branch Circuit A16 for the Front Bedroom
- Determining the Size of Outlet Boxes, Device Boxes, Junction Boxes, and Conduit Bodies
- Grounding of Wall Boxes
- Positioning of Split-Wired Receptacles
- Positioning of Receptacles Near Electric Baseboard Heating
- Luminaires in Clothes Closets
- Chapter 9: Lighting Branch Circuit for the Master Bedroom
- Lighting Branch Circuit A19 for the Master Bedroom
- Sliding Glass Doors and Fixed Glass Panels
- Selection of Boxes
- Ceiling-Suspended (Paddle) Fans
- Publisher : Cengage Learning; 20th edition (January 15, 2020)
- Language : English
- Paperback : 848 pages
- ISBN-10 : 0357366476
- ISBN-13 : 978-0357366479
- Item Weight : 4.05 pounds
- Dimensions : 8.5 x 1.4 x 10.9 inches
Where Buy This Book?
If you’re looking to buy a book, you’ve come to the right place. In this blog post, we’ll tell you everything you need to know about where to buy books. Whether you’re looking for new or used books, we’ve got you covered. We’ll also give you some tips on how to get the best deals on books. So, if you’re ready to start shopping, let’s get started.
Some bookstores that you can make a place to shop for books are Amazon and eBay. Both are ready to help you find the book you are looking for.
PDF eBook Free Download
In addition to buying books, you can also get this book by looking for the free download link on the internet page. The Electrical Wiring Residential (MindTap Course List) 20th Edition available are in the form of PDFs, eBooks and EPUB which can be downloaded for free.
But the content of the book is not complete. Only part of the content of the book. This is because there is a ban from publishers from spreading this book widely.
You can read this book by owning it. Please buy it too. We have already provided information on where to buy this book.
If you don’t buy this book, then you can rent it or borrow it in the school library.