Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care 12th Edition, pdf, ebook and download by Betty J. Ackley and Gail B. Ladwig shows to find out how to construct customized care plans using a 3-step process: assess, diagnose, and plan care. It contains instructed nursing diagnoses for over 1,300 client signs, medical and psychiatric diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, surgical interventions, and scientific states.
This convenient 12e shows you how to correlate nursing diagnoses with known information about clients on the basis of assessment findings, established medical or psychiatric diagnoses, and the current treatment plan. Extensively revised and updated with the new 2015-2017 NANDA-I approved nursing diagnoses, it integrates the NIC and NOC taxonomies, evidence-based nursing interventions, and adult, pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, home care, and client/family teaching and discharge planning considerations to guide you in creating unique, individualized care plans.
Key Features 12th Ed :
– Comprehensive, up-to-date information on all the 2015-2017 NANDA-I nursing diagnoses so you stay in the know.
– UNIQUE! Provides care plans for every NANDA-I approved nursing diagnosis plus two unique care plans for Hearing Loss and Vision Loss.
– Includes pediatric, geriatric, multicultural, client/family teaching and discharge planning, home care, and safety interventions as necessary for plans of care.
– Presents examples of and suggested NIC interventions and NOC outcomes in each care plan.
– UNIQUE! Care Plan Constructor on the companion Evolve website offers hands-on practice creating customized plans of care.
– 150 NCLEX exam-style review questions are available on Evolve.
– Promotes evidence-based interventions and rationales by including recent or classic research that supports the use of each intervention.
– Classic evidence-based references promote evidence-based interventions and rationales.
– Clear, concise interventions are usually only a sentence or two long and use no more than two references.
– Safety content emphasizes what must be considered to provide safe patient care.
– Step-by-step instructions show you how to use the Guide to Nursing Diagnoses and Guide to Planning Care sections to create a unique, individualized plan of care.
– List of Nursing Diagnosis Index in back inside cover of book for quick reference.
Three-column index is easy to use.
– Easy-to-follow sections I and II guide you through the nursing process and selecting appropriate nursing diagnoses.
– Alphabetical thumb tabs allow quick access to specific symptoms and nursing diagnoses.
Table of Contents
Section I. Nursing Diagnosis, the Nursing Process and Evidence Based Nursing An explanation of how to make a nursing diagnosis and plan care using the nursing process and evidence based nursing.
Section II Guide to Nursing Diagnoses Includes suggested nursing diagnoses and page references for over 1300 client symptoms, medical and psychiatric diagnoses, diagnostic procedures, surgical interventions, and clinical states.
Section III Guide to Planning Care The definition, defining characteristics, risk factors, related factors, suggested NOC outcomes, client outcomes, suggested NIC interventions, interventions with rationales, geriatric interventions (when appropriate), home care interventions, culturally competent nursing interventions where appropriate, client/family teaching and World Wide Web sites (when available) for client education for each alphabetized nursing diagnosis. Also includes a pain assessment guide and equianalgesic chart.
Appendixes A: Nursing Diagnoses Arranged by Maslow’s Hierarchy of Needs B: Nursing Diagnoses Arranged by Gordon’s Functional Health Patterns C: Motivational Interviewing for Nurses D: Wellness-Oriented Diagnostic Categories E. Nursing Care Plans for Hearing Loss and Vision Loss
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Publication date: 03/15/2019
Edition description: Reprint
Sales rank: 43,000
Product dimensions: 8.00(w) x 10.00(h) x 1.40(d)
Where to Buy Books
After reading the book’s reviews, you can decide: whether to buy or not.
We recommend that you immediately purchase at a bookstore located adjacent to the house. Another option is online shopping at Amazon or Walmart.
The sooner you buy a book, the better for your knowledge. Don’t miss out on your friends who already have this book first.
For this type of book is divided into two, namely print and digital editions. You are free to choose which one.
For the digital edition, you can choose pdf or electronic book that can be downloaded.
Thank you for coming here to read this Nursing Diagnosis Handbook: An Evidence-Based Guide to Planning Care 12th Edition review. May you always be successful in carrying out all activities.